- Highlights from Plaintiffs’ Testimony in the Vergara v. California Education Equality Trial
- Highlights from Principal, Teacher and Superintendent Testimony in Vergara v. California
- Opportunity Denied
- When Making Lemonade Isn’t An Option
- WATCH: Press Conference on Day 1 of Trial
- The True Cost of Dismissal
Watch the first day of trial unfold through the eyes of the Vergara v. California plaintiffs.
Jonathan Raymond Testifies About “Last-In, First-Out” Layoffs
The former Superintendent of Sacramento City Unified gives emotional testimony about the impact of LIFO on his own son's education.
California Kids Go to Court to Demand a Good Education
Read Plaintiffs' attorney Theodore J. Boutrous' op-ed in the Wall Street Journal.
Ineffective Teachers’ Devastating Ripple EffectJanuary 20, 2014 10:56 PM
At Students Matter, we believe every student deserves a great teacher in every class, every year. To us, it’s simple: appreciate and reward the great teachers and hold accountable those who consistently fail our students.
Under the current system, however, too many students get trapped in classrooms with ineffective teachers, and the effect across the state is devastating. The Vergara v. California lawsuit is an opportunity to make a genuine commitment to a better future: an effective teacher in every classroom.