“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable person. We and our service providers may collect Personal Information, including but not necessarily limited to name, email address, age, mailing address, and telephone number in connection with your use of the Site.
We may collect Personal Information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, fill out a form, respond to a survey, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site.
Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect Personal Information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply Personal Information, but doing so may prevent them from engaging in certain Site-related activities.
Information that is not Personal Information
We may collect other information that is not Personal Information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Such non-Personal Information may include the type of browser and the type of computer and technical information about Users’ means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
The Organization may collect and use Users’ Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To run and operate our Site: We may need your Personal Information to display content on the Site correctly.
- To personalize the User experience: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey, or other Site feature: We may send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails: We may use email addresses to send Users information and updates pertaining to their interaction with the site. We may also use Personal Information to respond to User inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
- To enhance our business: We may use Personal Information for our business purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, and expanding and enhancing the Site and related activities.
How we protect your Personal Information
We adopt and follow appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your Personal Information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Third party services
We are not responsible for the collection, usage and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, such as Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM, or any other app developer, app provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider, or device manufacturer, including any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with your mobile device.
Sharing your Personal Information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users’ Personal Information to others.
However, we may disclose generic aggregated demographic information and Personal Information:
- To our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, information technology, and related infrastructure provision, auditing, and other similar services.
- To identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through the Site.
- Posted by you, on message boards, chat, profile pages and other services to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services may be available to any or all other users of the Site. We urge you to be thoughtful when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any other information, on the Site.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business or assets.
We may also use and disclose Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable laws; (b) to enforce our terms and conditions; and (c) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of the Organization, its affiliates, our Users, or others.
Users who opt-in to our mailing list will receive emails that may include Students Mat news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
The Site is controlled and operated by us from the United States, and is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country, or territory other than that of the United States. Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Site you consent to this cross-border transfer of your Personal Information.
Your acceptance of these terms